Balushahi Recipe also known as Badusha Recipe, Khurmi Recipe, Balusha recipe , or Balushai Misti Recipe,
Ingredients for Balushahi :
Refined flour (मैदा ) – 2.5 cup ( 300 gms)
Ghee (घी ) – 1/2 cup ( 100 gms )
Sugar (चीनी ) – 2.5 cup ( 500 gms)
Pistachios (पिसते ) – 15 to 20
Green Cardamom (इलाइची ) – 6
Saffron strands (केसर के धागे ) – 30 to 40
Baking Powder (बेकिंग पाउडर ) – 1 tsp
Ghee (घी ) – For frying
How to make Balushahi
Getting ready :
1.Add cardamom to the apparatus and peel it and grinds it. Take 30 to 40 saffron strands,Add a little water so that the saffron gives off color.
1. Take 2.5 cup refined flour. Add 1 tsp baking powder to it. Mix well.Add ½ cup ghee to it.Mix well again.Add water in small portions to make dough. Make sure you just bind it. Keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
2. To prepare sugar syrup, take 2.5 cup sugar in a vessel, add 1.25 cup water to it. Turn on the flame.Cook until the sugar dissolves in water.Stir it at regular intervals check it. The last drop of sugarsyrup should form a single thread. When sugar syrup is ready,Turn off the flame.Add cardamom powder to it, add the soaked saffron to it stir once,. Place the sugar syrup over a jali stand.Cover and keep it, so that it doesn’t cool down quickly.
3. 20 minutes are done, dough is set and ready. Squash it slightly, Keep dough layered. Break the lump of dough Make a log from it. Make small balls, meanwhile heat up a wok with ghee.
4. To shape the balushahi, Lift a dough ball.Give it a round shape.Press it and make a hollow from one side. Lift a dough ball.Give it a round shape.Press it and make a bit hollow from both side. Place the shaped Balushahi in a plate.Make all the Balushahi likewise.
5. Check if ghee is sufficiently hot, You need less hot oil like to fry the Balushahi. Put the Balushahi to fry. Fry on low flame, when they float over the ghee, when golden brown from below, flip them. Slightly increase flame and fry well until golden brown from all sides. When fried and ready, take it out.Hold the Balushahi over the ladle ,so that the extra ghee drains back to the wok. Keep it in a plate.
6. Take out the Balushahi and drop it in sugar syrup.Dip it.
7. If the ghee seems too hot then then turn off the flame for 2 to 3 minutes and let it cool. Turn on flame, put the Balushahi to fry. Meanwhile Take out the balushahi dipped in sugar syrup.Keep it in a separate plate.
8. All the balushahi are fried and ready. It takes 20 to 21 minutes to fry balushahi at once. 21 Balushahi are ready with this quantity of dough.
9. To garnish place Balushahi in a plate. Garnish with pistachio shavings.Balushahi can be stored in refrigerator and eaten upto 15 days.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website