Easy recipe for light and fluffy bread cones perfect for a friend or family gathering. Fill them with you favorite sweet or savory
filling and everybody will be delighted.
For the full recipe check my blog:
Makes about 8 cones
4 cups (500g) bread flour
1 1/2 tbsp (22g) sugar
1 tsp (5g) salt
25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
1/4 cup (50 ml) water, warm
2/3 cup (170 ml) milk, warm
4 tbsp (60g) butter
1 egg, beaten
sesame and flax seeds
16 A4 or Letter size papers
8 Aluminum foil sheets
1. In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar and salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs
and milk and mix everything together. Add the butter and knead until the dough is smooth and soft. Cover with a clean dish towel and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm area, until doubled in size.
2. Meanwhile you can prepare the cones. Take 2 sheets of paper and make a cone and cover with aluminum foil, so that paper is not visible anymore. Repeat to make 8 cones.
3. Punch dough down and on a floured surface divide into 8 equal parts. Let them rest for 5 minutes.
4. Roll each piece of dough into an about 30 inch (80 cm) rope.
5. Roll the dough ropes around the aluminum cones. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rest for about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile you can preheat the oven to 400 F (200C).
7. Brush the cones with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame and flax seeds on top.
8. Bake for about 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
9. Let them cool on wire racks and fill them with your favorite filling. Enjoy!