600 g bread flour
1-1/2 TBSP yeast u
6 TBSP sugar
390 ml warm milk( you may need more)
250g softened butter
1 tsp salt
Egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp milk
1. Add half of the milk to a stand mixer bowl
2. Add the yeast and sugar to that.
3. Cover and leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
4. Add the flour and the milk gradually
5. Knead until the dough comes together .
6. Cover bowl and let rest until doubled.
7. Turn dough out onto floured surface and cut into 18 pieces. You can use a scale to make sure each piece is close to the same size as the others (for even layers).
8. roll out the dough into an rounds
9. Spread the round with butter,
10. Roll out another piece of dough and place it atop the last buttered piece. Stretch dough to fit over bottom piece. Press down lightly to adhere.
11. Repeat Steps until all dough and all butter has been used.
12. Once this is done, press down lightly on all layers, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
13. Remove from freezer and roll out dough to
Cut into 12 wedges with pizza cutter
14. Roll up each piece, beginning with the wide edge, starting out by rolling each side of the knotch first and then continuing with the rest of the croissant. Rolling like this keeps the center from being too thick, as the sides at the notches tend to roll out and away.
15. Place on parchment covered baking sheet and allow to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
16.Brush with egg yolk mixed with a tbsp of milk.
17. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC (350ºF)for 20 minuts or until golden brown.